Sunday, November 22, 2009

DAM titles


been talking a lot about cartoons, so I'm going to head back to live action land.


Destroy All Monsters (1968) is my favorite Godzilla movie, and one of my favorite movies of all times.  but it sure doesn't have the greatest looking title sequence, does it?  this is from the "international" version, and it's not bad.  not great, but not bad.

 Here's American International Pictures', and it's not very exciting at all.  now that I've given it some thought (I know, too much thought) it's like the calm before the storm.  start out with a nice mellow title, that doesn't let you know what thrill ride you are really in for with the rest of the movie. I'm not sure they had that intention, but it works for me.

 

just wanted to end with a really cool shot.

1 comment:

Chris Sobieniak said...

AIP certainly made it seem so generic with that title.