Sunday, July 25, 2010

Monster Attack Team #8

132 pages of awesome
one of the highlights of the con was getting my copy of MAT #8.  I contributed the Kikaida 01 episode guide and appreciation, so there's full disclosure for ya.

but the rest of the magazine (and at 132 pages, more than one person has told editor Mike Keller it's more book than magazine) is just as great as my article.  there's a Kamen Rider overview by August Ragone, a nice article about Kinji Fukasaku and the movies he has directed, which include one of my favorites, the cool Green Slime (1968).  there is a lot more, but you should order the issue yourself and find out.  the color version is great, but the info will be the same whether the pictures are in color or not.

I never read any of the original run of the zine.  always wanted to, and probably could have traded them a few issues of Xenorama for a copy of two, but just never got around to it.  I do owe Mike and Ed a note of thanks, since they have inspired me to put out a new issue of Xenorama after an 8 year hiatus.  now I just have to find someone who can make a great cover like this one.

No comments: