Monday, December 6, 2010

ID Monster of the Week

in memory and honor of Leslie Nielsen, I present the monster of the week from the most excellent movie, Forbidden Planet (1956).

this is one movie I greatly love.  everything about it is amazing, the cast, the effects and the music.

and to top it off, we get literally the most fearsome of all monsters ever filmed, the one everyone has inside of him or her, the id.  that's some pretty wild stuff.  it's amazing to me think of seeing this movie for the first time, and not having any idea just what all that was about, and missing the underpinnings of the movie.

I even thought it looked a lot like Star Trek! but it was about 1975, so I think I can be forgiven for that.  good thing I bought that copy of Movie Monsters #3 back in the day.

some day I am going to have to talk about that magazine.

No comments: