Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reptisaurus

as I unashamedly love Reptilicus (1961) I was very interested in the comic book from the same time period.

Charlton issued a total of nine Reptilicus/Reptisaurus comic books.  it seems an odd thing to try to market, but they also did Gorgo and Konga.  since I don't care for Konga, I've never read one of those comics but Gorgo ran 26 issues.

anyway, Reptisaurus features some decent art and interesting stories.  eventually he becomes sort of a good guy monster and even gets a mate.  possibly from the claw in the movie, I don't actually know.  Reptisaurus doesn't actually look too much like his cinematic forerunner, but that's OK, he's more impressive in 2D than in 3D.

there's a new movie called Reptisaurus (2008) which has gotten some decent reviews.  I'd like to see it, but I doubt it could possibly live up to the original or the comic book!

No comments: