Monday, January 3, 2011

The Heroic Ones (1970)

this is a DVD review, and sort of a movie review.

on the plus side the DVD is great looking and has both Mandarin and English language tracks. the English subtitles are good and legible and the sound is crisp.  it's a very good presentation by Well Go USA and if you like movies that look great this is one for you.

however, if you like movies that are good, then you may want to stay away from this one.  the first half makes NO sense except to prove that our 13 heroes and their father aren't very likable overall.

I usually love Shaw Brothers movies, but this one is one of the rare ones I don't care for.  it's got a good reputation, but I can't understand it that at all.

at least it's not just me. here's a review that says it better than I can.  but I'm not gonna watch it again.

No comments: