Friday, February 18, 2011

Water Follies

remember this post? now it can be told!



here's the entire cartoon, all six minutes of it. yeah, I'm gonna use the "creature" picture cause it's my favorite part.

this used to show occasionally early in the mornings or late at night, depending on your time frame.  my brother and I saw it several times before or after whatever monster movie we had stayed up or woken up to watch that night.

we thought it was a hoot.  the little vignettes are cute and there is a running gag (in fact, the picture is part of it).  it pretty much disappeared in the late 70s or perhaps early 80s, as a lot of cool and unique stuff for television did.

but I never forgot it, and wondered if it would hold up as well now.  it sure does!  turns out there was a reason that the Colorado area saw it a lot:

that just makes it better.

No comments: