Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cap'n Satellite 0

remember when I wrote about this here comic

well, I got it last night.  Mr. Elam  has done a great thing, making it available.  his universe is filled with colorful heroes and villains, and I can imagine fun stories taking place on large and small scales.

I also like the fact that time actually passes in his universe- his characters age and even die.  and quite possibly stay dead, which doesn't ever seem to happen any more. seriously, Bucky is still alive?  who's next, Uncle Ben?

anyway go here for ordering information and even more info!  great job, Chris!

2 comments:

C. Elam said...

I appreciate the kind words! Hopefully, we can get more people to jump aboard this train.

It's funny that you singled out (I think) the Ultimate American piece, since that was mostly an instance of me trying to take advantage of something that was too firmly established to change. While there is a certain degree of time passage and the resultant change and evolution, I have tried to shy away from getting too tied down with specific dates. The trouble was so much with the Ultimate American story as I'd set it up in 2007 only made sense with this approach!

But yes, the WWII hero's story is inextricably linked to the passing years, and that one particular character is definitely dead. I'm all for comic book deaths and sliding timescales, but some things demand (to me) they be treated differently.

I do have at least one new story in the works! After that, well, we shall see! :)

C. Elam said...

Oh, and one more thing - I will PROBABLY be doing some more of my own artwork of a few of these guys in the coming weeks. It's just another one of the dozen things I need to make time to do!