Monday, July 25, 2011

Comic Con Sunday

I had a little more time on my hands Sunday, so I got to see some more stuff.  well, not too much more, as the Con is now so large that one can't get through everything in one or two days, at least not in the dealer's room. hall. arena.  whatever.

and no panels for me this time, though I think I would have enjoyed attending "Buffy: the musical". haven't seen it since it first aired many years ago.

but I did think about being able to cover the con back in "the old days" and then I found this picture.  anyone else remember this made for VHS promo video?  I saw them about three years in a row, and they got to know me.  it's not a great movie, but it's a lot of fun and the entire crew busted their butts to do a good job.

anyway, I would like to see a true comic book convention return to San Diego, but I don't think it's going to happen.  still, the convention is fun for a lot of reasons overall, and Sunday was nice since there were a lot less people there.  better deals, too.

1 comment:

C. Elam said...

I don't think you're going to get a smaller-scale con in San Diego anymore, simply because the town is synonymous with the big, big con. I mean, the old con is still lurking in there, but y'know...

I still have my copy of that movie, though I obviously haven't watched it in years. If you think of it as an amateur production (which, essentially it is), it's great! I wish it could've been better, but I do think they tried.