Friday, July 29, 2011

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising (2008)

this movie was just great. sure, it helps if you know the gaming terms and such, but it can be enjoyed easily by just about anyone. it's funny and sweet and pretty action packed. I thought it would be a bit too long and self indulgent, but I actually found myself wanting to know more about the characters. it is not a high budget movie, but I have not enjoyed a movie this much in quite some time. highly recommended! I will be seeking out more productions from this crew.

I wrote that for a Netflix review a few years ago, and since I just watched it again today (thanks to a sprained ankle) I wanted to see if I still agreed with the overall sentiment.

I do, and it's even better the second time around.  the story is quite good and touching.  the DVD has a lot of cool extras, which are fun as well. 

I only ever played D&D once or twice in my life, which tends to surprise many people.  it's mostly because of things like this, which I thought to was too funny for words at the time.

No comments: