Thursday, July 14, 2011

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010)

more DC goodness from Netflix.  I liked this movie a lot, generally due to all the familiar voices present.  those are the current voices I think of when I see these heroes, and usually end up wishing they were doing the voice acting for all the movies.

not that the others are bad, but these are just awesome.

anyway, this is the story of Supergirl coming to Earth and how she adapts.  the now overused Darkseid wants to brainwash her and make her a general for his army (does this sound familiar to anyone else?) and the Big Three go to Apokolips to get her back.

and Big Barda goes with them, which is a nice touch.  and I still love Edward Asner as Granny Goodness. it's just an awesome touch, since Granny always reminded me of Ed back in the day anyway.

this one is a fun 78 minutes (ooh, they got three more minutes than normal!) and while not as good as All Star Superman, it's worth a look.

No comments: