Monday, November 21, 2011

The Incredible Hulk (1996)

I watched the first episode of this series on netflix, and it was so melodramatic and overdone that I didn't want to watch any more of it.  that would have been a mistake though.

however, once I read more about it I decided to give it a chance.  I'm glad I did, if only for the interplay between the Leader and the Gargoyle.  every episode the banter between them- and mostly the Gargoyle's snarky asides about the Leader- make me laugh.  they are just that funny.

kudos to Matt Frewer and Mark Hamill, respectively.

what was the deal Jack Kirby had with those moustaches?  nearly every character in his comics had one (think Tony Stark).

so it's a fun little cartoon, with loads of cameos from various other superheroes.  the She-Hulk shows up, and is OK in the cartoon.  they use the Grey Hulk in the second season, and he's REALLY violent, even the way he talks.  I was surprised at how that got onto TV.

No comments: