Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

this is the song and the movie that introduced me to the Beatles in 1973. I am sure I had heard them before on the radio, but I didn't know who they were. I had also heard Elton John's cover of the song, and really liked it. I was 8, and when I saw this I thought "Hey, these guys do this song as well?" didn't quite grasp the concept of a cover song at that age.

I had missed the beginning of the movie because Channel 9 was showing "Escape from the Planet of the Apes" (also my first film in that series) and I had been enjoying that. flipping through the channels (all five of them) caused me to see this- a cartoon movie on that wasn't Disney? and in the late night? and with great music? well, the apes lost to that after about 10 minutes.

No comments: