Monday, February 27, 2012

XTC - Dear God

here's a sort of controversial video, though I think it's really very misunderstood. Andy is railing against what he perceives as the man made God, one that so many people ascribe human thoughts and emotions to, rather than what God really is. we as humans can never understand His ways, and the whole "why do bad things happen to good people" (and vice versa) question is something that we just won't ever get.

which is why people turn away from God. I did, for a time, when I was much younger. I couldn't reconcile a God that would let some things happen and not others, and didn't want any part of that. I never stopped believing in God, but I went for a more Deist route. I later changed my mind, which helped greatly in the early part of this century.

No comments: