Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)

watching these movies again with the text commentary on this time is so much fun. you learn so much more about the movies.  and it's not nearly as obtrusive as most audio commentaries.  I haven't seen this one in quite some time, and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it this time.  I'd say the first four movies are easily the best in the series now.
Spock put his spirit into Dr. McCoy at the end of the last movie, and didn't bother to tell anyone he was doing that.

or maybe the screenwriters had just thought of it.  this movie, like the second one, is very much like a tv episode, full of humor and warmth and action.  here's a scene in a bar and look at the 3D game being played.  it's a cool little effect that I didn't remember at all.
nor did I remember the cameo by tribbles.  of course, it makes sense in this movie since the villains are Klingons, finally.  who don't come across as looking as evil as they did in the series, but they are not nearly as honorable as they have become.  or probably not, since it's all changed by the needless last movie.
I think this girl plays derby.

No comments: