Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Monster from the Id

it's no secret I love the movie "The Forbidden Planet". even before I ever saw it I knew what it was about, due to the nice article in "Movie Monsters" magazine (the one Atlas did, all four issues). I bought the zine for the Godzilla pictures, who knew it would have such an influence on me?

there's an artist's interpretation of the monster, but it really doesn't do the creature justice. the Disney animators sure did a great job on it, as you can see in this scene. this thing really lives up to it's nightmarish origin.

1 comment:

Tim DeForest said...

Did you know that the novelization of Forbidden Planet was recently reprinted as an ebook?

http://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Planet-ebook/dp/B007SGG97W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1345750700&sr=1-1&keywords=forbidden+planet