Friday, October 12, 2012

20 Million Miles To Earth (1957)

here's a Harryhausen movie that was aired once that I know of when I was growing up. I remember this because it was Friday night in September, when the new Saturday morning line ups were about to premiere. I'm thinking it was either 1977 or 1978, since Darth Vader was appearing on both ABC and NBC that evening. well, we watched the specials (and not being very impressed with the new lineup, all those damn Scooby Doo clones) and shut off the tv for the night.

well, part of the night. unfortunately the tv died that night, so we didn't get to see the monster movie OR the lame new Saturday cartoons. it would be several years before I saw the movie, and I first saw the sound 8mm compilation of it before that. I think I saw it at the CU planetarium.

No comments: