Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 years of the Young Ones!

I think I discovered this great show in about 1985 or so, a few years after it had aired in the UK. MTV showed all 12 episodes uncut, and with no commercial interruptions at all. how about that? the channel used to rock. anyway, by that time most of the group had moved on to other things, but "Neil" showed up to be a VJ, I think. I thought today was the 30 anniversary of the show, but Wiki says it's the 9th of November. not that it really matters!

so I had no idea why Rick was so enamored of Cliff Richard, Jr at the time. Cliff hadn't been that popular in the US for a few years and certainly never to the extent he was in the UK. heck, I didn't even know there was a movie CALLED the Young Ones for years. finding this video helped, and getting some of Cliff's older material, especially with the Shadows was a bonus!

No comments: