Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kamen Rider

having seen the first six episodes of Kamen Rider with English subtitles, I'm pretty impressed, though I can understand how changing the direction slightly made it into the hit it became.  it's far more of a dark story, probably closer to the comic than what it turned into after episode 14 when Ichigō left and Nigo took over.  there was no "henshin" phrase before that, and no cool arm movements to accompany it.  it's almost a horror show with an odd superhero added into it.  once the heroes changed it became a more standard super hero show, which is not a knock on it.  the series rans 98 episodes, which proves they were on the right path with the decision to alter the format a little.

those changes made it something kids could do while playing Kamen Rider.  much harder for them to do the change on the bike! it would have been frowned upon by many parents,


I really like the original color schemes as well, since it took me a while to be able to tell the Double Riders apart.

I'm just happy fans are subtitling the show.  I'd buy the series in a heartbeat if it came out on DVD in this country.

No comments: