Monday, April 22, 2013

Save the Earth Day, via Godzilla and AIP

today is Earth Day, and that always makes me think of GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER, the second Godzilla movie I ever saw. I remember the poster distinctly in the theater, it was pretty scary for a 7 year old back then in 1972. I saw it on TV first though, Channel 7 if I remember correctly. years later I saw it on a one day reissue in the theater. that was a pleasant surprise to see, as who knew it would just show up?

by then I had seen it several times on TV, usually late night or very early Saturday mornings. we had to set the alarm back then, as of course there were no VCRs. I'm glad I did, though, as it made this, and any other movies you really wanted to see, more of an event than a viewing. here's the theme song by Adrian Russ.

No comments: