Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Spectacular Comic Book Spoilers Classics - Amazing Spider-Man #40

Who knew that the Green Goblin inspired the song "Cats in the Cradle"? Here's all the proof you need. This is an interesting little series. This is the first one I've ever seen. I could live without the voices, but if I did the reviews I'd do it as well, probably. John Romita, Sr. does the great artwork. His stuff by now was different than Steve Ditko. I always thought he was told to copy Ditko for the first few stories, while leading the reader into his own style. He did it well.

This is a powerful story. If anyone really thought this was the end of the Green Goblin... well, perhaps back then readers thought Harry was done being the Goblin. I don't know that Stan ever wrote another Goblin story again, but as we all know the Goblin did return. Heck, I think Norman even returned from the dead at one point.

No comments: