Thursday, August 1, 2013

Marine Boy opening theme

Ever wonder who wrote this song? It's in the book. The book that now has an amazing cover and is being proofed and is almost ready to go. After talking about it on this blog for nearly seven years, and working on it since 2001 it's done. Good thing I changed the focus of this blog or I'd have to end it now. Yes, I'm afraid that does mean we will be hearing about the book for a while now here.

So in honor of the show and in me finally finishing the book, here's the opening song. The wordless "bubbles" version is on the blog already. I had the Japanese version at one point, but it's been taken down from youtube. Oddly, there's precious little Marine Boy stuff to be found in Japanese. I've looked!

5 comments:

shonokin said...

I've always encouraged you whenever you talked about this book and yes it's been years in the making. But especially since there is now an official DVD release, the timing is perfect. Just happy and proud to be able to help you out at the end of the process!

X7 said...

Oh, I'm gonna talk, tweet and sing about the thing!
Thanks so much for the awesome cover!

Chris Sobieniak said...

Unlike the way it's presented on DVD and all these days, it's kinda odd how the credits on that appear in pink while the old nth-gen TV station copies I got to see were in black? Interesting if there were several versions filmed of those somewhat (unless the version used by WPHL-TV way back then were already faded so the colors were unrecognizable).

X7 said...

I remember them as always being red, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 16mm prints had started to fade by the 70s. Since there were 78 episodes this series could last a long time in syndication.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Well it was a weekday affair and I'm sure stations got a lot of mileage playing that five times a week.