Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Captains (2011)

Started watching this a while ago.  It's fascinating.  It's all the captains (I think they even have fake Kirk from the remakes) except for Jeffrey Hunter but that's understandable since he passed away long ago.  A case could be made for Captain Spock as well, but he's been interviewed loads with Shatner. So it's five other captains he talks to.  I wish they had all been together at once, but the logistics of the actors and where they are in their lives at that moment.

It's a lot about Shatner, since it's his project.  Anyone thinking it will be split evenly is fooling themselves.  He's never bothered me, I just always figured it was part of his schtick.

It does tend to meander a bit- some tighter editing would work just fine and not hurt it at all.  It's a really cool idea, and I'm glad they did it before they lost anyone else.

No comments: