Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Superman vs the Elite (2012)

Based on ""What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?" a single issue story from 2001, this is really Superman vs The Authority.  Clicking on the link will tell you far more about that comic than I care to.  I'm not one much for anti-heroes.  One or two is just fine, but when every character is one?  Pass.

The animation is good and the voice acting is fine.  I didn't care much for the style of the art, but I have that problem with most new comic book artwork.  It's well directed, and I'm still surprised that it came from a single story.

The main problem comes in with it being a solo Superman story.  Why would it just be him?  If this team was running amok in the DCU the JLA and every other team would be laying the smack down on them almost immediately.  I don't care how powerful these four people are, there's no way they would stand up against the combined might of most of Earth's mightiest heroes.

Granted, it would have been a really short story.  I liked this cartoon movie just fine, though I'm glad I didn't buy it on DVD.

No comments: