Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Primeval season one

I watched a few episodes of this show about three years ago.  Knew about it, of course, since you know, dinosaurs, but since it was only aired on BBC America I never could sit down and watch it.  So those episodes were later on in the five season run, and I had no idea what was going on, much. 

I liked what I saw though, even if these were sort of made up dinosaurs, more or less.  At least the British don't make their main characters unlikable (yet).  I'm really over the surly people with the hidden heart of gold nonsense that seems to prevail so many dramas these days.  I'm sorry, that's my issue and I'll deal with it separately.

So suddenly there's prehistoric critters running around various parts of England.  No one is sure why, so naturally a team is assembled, somewhat accidentally, to find out why.  Turns out there's a crinkle in time and various predators are wandering into current day from the ancient past.  It's up to them to figure out why it's happening.  And contain the various animals that show up.

It's a good show, with the standard fuzzy-ish CG animals for the dinosaurs.  I'm not a fan of some of the designs, but since I don't think these are supposed to be true dinosaurs it's not that bad.  Since I'm late to the party I can watch all five seasons at my leisure now.  The show started in 2007.

No comments: