Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review of "Sprocket Monsters..."


Here's a nice little review I got from Mike Bogue, a man with obviously great taste.  He talks about both  Xenorama #15 and this little homage to 8mm movies.  I think "Sprocket Monsters" has outsold my Marine Boy book in the US so far, which is a little surprising to me.  Remember, if you order it here use the code 6C472NZU for a ten percent (10%) discount. Take it away, Mike:

XENORAMA 2013 #15 is highly entertaining, its prose lively and its layouts arresting. In addition, SPROCKET MONSTERS RE-COVERED is a wonderful ode to those pre-video 8mm genre movies that featured 200' reels of highlights from monster movies of every stripe -- of course, of particular interest to daikaiju fans are the Godzilla entries. All in all, great stuff!

Now how nice is that?  He seems to think there should also be a sequel book.  Now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing, I may do that some time in the near future.

No comments: