Thursday, April 17, 2014

Destroy All Monsters 1969 TV trailer

Here's another TV spot, but this one means a little more to me, since it's probably the actual trailer I saw on television at the tender age of four. My memory is naturally hazy about it, but I remember being rather scared for the fate of the planet. I think I can be forgiven for being a bit naive back then. It also intrigued me, enough to want to see more, but it would be a few years before I saw my first Godzilla movie. This is pretty cool, since it has different narration from the theatrical trailer.

Every one that knows me should be aware that this is my favorite Godzilla movie. I've owned so many bootleg versions of it, as well as 8mm film, legit VHS and it was both the first DVD and blu ray disc I ever bought. Oddly enough, I've never once watched the Japanese version with English subtitles. Weird, huh? Spoiler: this is one of the movies I review in the upcoming Godzilla oriented Famous Monsters...

No comments: