Monday, April 14, 2014

FM #274 all Godzilla!

Here's a sneak peak of one of FOUR covers for the next annual all Japanese monster issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland.  I am not surprised that GODZILLA VS THE THING was chosen to one of the movies depicted.  I've very curious to see what the other three will be.  One of my guesses is that GMK will be featured.  Here's hoping they throw caution to the wind and do one with Megalon... or perhaps a cover featuring all the creatures from the 70s.  That would be the one I would want, since that's probably my favorite time period of Godzilla movies.

Disclaimer- I am involved in this issue (or I think I am, I haven't heard from Monster Meister Ragone that I'm not...) so take anything you hear as of course, the unbiased truth.  I'm quite sure this will be the best issue of all time, even surpassing the other best issues of all time that I have previously worked on.  And now I'm wondering if I have used that same line before.  No one should click on the tag and find out though.

I'm looking forward to the issue as always.

(Thanks to August Ragone for this early look at one of the cover)

No comments: