Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Godzilla 1985 Trailers

OK, it's one trailer and several TV spots. I remember seeing this trailer vividly before some movie and knew what it was going to be as soon as 1956 showed up. The trailer is great. The movie... well, the movie proves there's only one solo Godzilla movie ever needed, and that was in 1954/56. This movie is very nice looking, but it's ever so boring, and that's in either version. I saw it in the theater twice and the second time I was the ONLY person there.

I was glad they started the movie with "Bambi Meets Godzilla" which is pretty darn funny, still. Especially the credits. I was happy to see the movie on the big screen, but it sure wasn't the return I was hoping for. It's good to end this month with the final Godzilla movie from the Showa era.

No comments: