Saturday, April 26, 2014

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla trailer

This is probably my favorite 70s Godzilla movie. It's action packed, has likable characters, plenty of monsters and minimal use of stock footage. I really like King Shisa as a mystical monster. I'm glad Mothra isn't the only one. It's also got a terrific score by Masaru Sato. I do wish this, and the other three had been dubbed by Titra and released by AIP. But still, the dubbing isn't too bad overall here.

Usually I call Godzilla movies by the original US title, but I do make exceptions for this and GIGAN. This is the international trailer apparently from an old Finnish rental video. Remember when those things were pleasant surprises to find? Nowadays some people have such an entitlement mentality toward movies they practically demand a disc be filled with extras.

No comments: