Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Dacya Clementine

Dacya (pronounced DOSS-ya) turns eight years old today.  I got her when she was bout 7 months old from El Cajon's Friends of Cats.  I knew I wanted a tortoiseshell cat, and there she was, sleeping in the top of a cat tree.  She still loves to sleep in the sun. 

The girl who helped me out told me her name was "Clementine" and that she had been born there at the shelter on April 11th.   Now, I sometimes I need a huge sign to figure things out, but not this time.  When you are looking for a tortie and you find one that shares your birthday?  That was my girl.

She didn't come out from under the bed for about two weeks, unless I removed her.  Then she loved to play with the puffball I would throw for her.  She loves to play fetch, though not so much now.

She didn't talk to me much for a couple months, but after her first birthday I don't think she's quit telling me exactly what's on her mind.  I'm not quite sure where she gets that from, but I like hearing her meow, especially when she combines that with her purring.

She's very much the epitome of "tortitude"- everything is on her terms.  Cuddling, playing or even eating.  And that's why I love her.

No comments: