Friday, June 6, 2014

The New Adventures of Superman (1966)

Just got the second and third "season" of this fine, fun cartoon. I've written about it before, but these are the next 32 episodes. I'm hoping that I will finally see an episode that's haunted me for many years, one in which Superman comes face to face with Superboy. Sort of. I'm not exactly sure of how it happens, but once I see the episode I'll report back. It has something to do with a "mist" of some kind.

This was mostly a great translation of Superman's current comic book adventures at the time. I'm surprised that they didn't take more stories from the comic book, since there were a lot of rather silly alien invasion stories, but they were balanced out by the rogue's gallery. Though Luthor never seemed very formidable.

No comments: