Friday, August 8, 2014

Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension (2011)

When you are sick sometimes you watch some things you normally wouldn't watch.  Take this for example.  I was waiting for something to finishing cooking and this movie started up.  I've never seen an episode of the show, just a couple clips here and there, so I knew next to nothing about it.   Turns out it was a very entertaining little movie, even if they shouldn't have called it the "2nd Dimension" since it was more of an alternate reality sort of thing.  Of course, that's from years of Earth 1, 2, 3, S,  X, Counter Earth, etc.  So go figure.

It's a cute movie, with likable characters and this one has lots of action.  There's also a platypus.  Who happens to be a secret agent, but that's doubly secret- if Phineas and Ferb find out he'll have to leave the family.  It's also a musical, but I didn't find the songs that memorable.  They were pleasant enough power pop, but nothing made me keep humming it after the movie ended.  There were plenty of references for the adults who may have been watching the movie with their kids to get as well, and those made me smile.  Sadly, most of them escape me, since I was medicated at the time.  The Normbots were funny.

So I may check out some of the other movies they've done.  If it's on and I'm just sitting in front of the television.

No comments: