Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ultraman Leo... subtitled on Crunchyroll!

Thanks to my pal August, here's some cool news- Crunchyroll is streaming Ultraman Leo now!  This was one of the rarest shows to get on VHS back in the 90s, and to be able to watch it subtitled in English is just amazing to me.  Crunchyroll is also streaming Ultraman Max and Ultraman Mebius, but this is the first Show Ultra show they've done.  While I greatly enjoyed both of the other shows, Leo is one I've wanted to see for a long time.  KIKU aired it this year, but now I doubt a DVD set will be forthcoming from Hawai'i, anway. 

Doesn't matter, this is great.  Leo is one of the more violent Ultra shows.  I watched the first two episodes already (non-paying viewers get ten episodes a week, while subscribers can view all 51 now) and they look great and the subs seem pretty accurate (to my limited understanding of the Japanese language).

Crunchy used to have a lot of fansubbed stuff on it, but it seems to have grown up and licensed actual shows now.  Good for them!  Click here for the first episode of Leo if you want to see it.

No comments: