Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless

I find it extremely hard to believe I've never written about Xena in this blog.  I'll have to check that out, because, well, it just seems highly unlikely that this is possible.  If so, at least I am rectifying that situation today, on Lucy's 47th birthday.  She's one of my favorite actresses.  Yes, the costume helps, but she's always fun in everything I've seen her do.  She's also one of my five, if anyone cares about such things anymore...


I did first see her in the Hercules episodes she starred in, and wasn't surprised to see the character spun off into her own series.  After about three seasons I found the constant nonsense about "subtext" annoying- the producers were smart in playing both sides of that coin instead of coming out and confirming or denying what it was.  I thought it kind of cowardly at the time, but now I can see the marketing decision there.

I'll write more about Xena and her show in the future, but since tons has been written about it in the past (and probably still) it may be a while.  I hope Lucy has a wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's one of my faves too. I was lucky enough to meet her at New York Comic Con back in October :)