Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Fooks- Carpe Scrotum "Deluxe Edition"

Got this the other day and it's great.  I reviewed the CD before here, and it's the same set of songs, with four extra live tracks.  Of course, now that I look at that post, I didn't review the CD at all, just the band being live.  Hmm, well, that scraps most of the rest of this post now.  The 13 songs on the CD are all from their live set, both traditional songs and several covers.  I've heard the band play these songs so much I actually prefer their versions to most of the originals now.  I was also surprised that I knew all of the songs, even if I didn't know all of the names of said songs.

The bonus live tracks are great, since you get a sample of the band at it's best, performing in front of a live audience.  My favorite song is "Liquor Store" which until now, I've only been able to listen to via youtube and the original version.  This is one I want to learn to play now.  But I'll do it Fooks style.  Click on the above link if you want to download the CD via google play, or contact me and I'll get you to the Fooks if you want to order the CD itself.

No comments: