Tuesday, August 18, 2015

RIP Yvonne Craig

Yvonne Craig passed away yesterday.  She was 78 years old, which surprises me, I guess I never figured Barbara Gordon would really age.  I never knew just how many shows she had acted in growing up; heck, she was in Star Trek as one of those green skinned girls that populated the show from time to time.  The only show I wanted to see her on was Batman.  The more superheroes on a show the better I would think back in those halcyon days of youth, and when that bike roared across the screen I was happy to see it.  I'm pretty sure this is where my love of purple started.

Don't get me wrong, I loved all the episodes of the show, even the silliest ones, but that third season, budget cuts and all just was something special to me.  I had the pleasure of meeting Ms Craig long ago at a SDCC, and I asked her if I could interview her for my magazine.  I got her card, but then life happened and since this was before email I never got around to contacting her.  I did purchase a picture from her to autograph and I didn't mind since some of the money went to breast cancer research and my mom is a survivor.

I'm glad I got to meet her. She'll always be my Batgirl.

No comments: