Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Green Hornet

Boy I went through quite a serial phase back in the old Xenorama board days.  Kinda miss that place a bit, but save for a few, message boards have died out (no real surprise, since everyone and their brother had one for a while.  Still, it's kind of fun to go back there and see what I was watching six or more years ago.  Kind of like a time machine, if you will.  I post there occasionally so someone thinks people stop by, but I can't recall the last time anyone posted anything new.   Here's the link to the serial.  All the chapters are reviewed there, along with commentary from me and others.

Since the Batman 60s show finally got released, I wonder if we will ever see the Green Hornet on legit DVD.  I would hope so, since it's only 26 episodes.  I know I would buy it. 

Gordon Jones ... Britt Reid / The Green Hornet
Wade Boteler ... Michael Axford
Anne Nagel ... Lenore "Casey" Case
Keye Luke ... Kato
Phillip Trent ... Jasper Jenks
Cy Kendall ... Curtis Monroe
Stanley Andrews ... Police Commissioner [Chs. 1, 5, 9, 13]
Selmer Jackson ... District Attorney [Chs. 4, 10]
Joseph Crehan ... Judge Stanton [Chs. 1, 9, 10, 13]
Walter McGrail ... Henchman Dean
Gene Rizzi ... Henchman Corey
John Kelly ... Henchman Pete Hawks
Eddie Dunn ... D.H. Sligby [Ch. 7]
Edward Earle ... Felix Grant, Attorney [Ch. 1]
Ben Taggart ... Phil Bartlett [Chs. 3-4]
The episodes:

1. The Tunnel of Terror
2. The Thundering Terror
3. Flying Coffins
4. Pillar of Flame
5. The Time Bomb
6. Highways of Peril
7. Bridge of Disaster
8. Dead or alive
9. The Hornet Trapped
10. Bullets and Ballots
11. Disaster Rides the Rails
12. Panic in the Zoo
13. Doom of the Underworld

No comments: