Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mightor vs Devil Dinosaur

I just got the Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor DVD set from Amazon the other day, and like all their Hanna-Barbera shows it looks great.  I think the only other classic superhero cartoon I don't have is Samson and Goliath, but as I don't want the Space Kidettes I think I'm stuck with my DVDrs that I made, at least for the time being.  Oh, I'd also like the Three Musketeers and the Arabian Knights from the Banana Splits show, but I haven't seen those available yet.  And yes, all I want are the cartoons, not the nonsense of the live action parts, thank you very much.

Anyway, in the first episode Mightor battle Korg, the Monster Keeper, who wants to rule the Cave People.  He's got a lot of critters that obey his commands and Mightor has to find a way to stop him.

One of these dinosaurs is a red T Rex, who resembles Jack Kirby's creation of Devil Dinosaur (well, a little, if you squint at it in the right light).  Mightor makes short work of all the monsters and Korg, which isn't surprising since he only has six minutes to get an episode's problems solved.  A lot of the dinosaurs in this episode don't exist, but that's OK, they weren't making a documentary...

No comments: