Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Denver Comic Con 2016

I have been asked to be on a panel this year at the Denver Comic Con  This will be pretty fun, as it's about kaiju, or as we call them, monsters.  I've got the plan of the panel, though it seems pretty ambitious for an hour or so- lots to talk about in a short amount of time.  It is geared to mostly upcoming projects, which means I may have a minority view about such things.  But we will see how it goes.

I'm looking forward to it.  Ever since last year I wondered if I could do more of these sorts of things, since I am kind of an expert in the field.  It's a smaller panel of people, just four, so that will be fun.  Plus I'll meet new friends.

I'll also be bringing issues of Xenorama to it of course.  If I had had more time, I'd have ordered more back issues to bring, but I have a few hanging about.  Hopefully a few people will be interested in buying a copy or two!

I haven't been to a convention in Denver since 1989, and that was either Star Con or Star Fest, I forget which at this point.  I bought my first bootleg Marine Boy VHS tape there, which eventually brought me here.  Kind of a roundabout thing.  I wonder how this will compare with the Comic Con I am most familiar with- more comics, less media?  Here's hoping.

No comments: