Thursday, September 17, 2020

Mazinga Z

 

    Who knew there would be so many classic Japanese cartoons available on home video, either DVD or Blu Ray now?  I had those Hong Kong DVD sets of both Mazinga Z and Devilman with their wonderfully off English subtitles.  Now they are both available, along with several other shows.  It's just amazing.  I've got the entire run of Gatchaman shows to get through now, and several other sets that I haven't opened yet.

    Add to these sets the plethora of fansubbing sites, and you can find just about any show you are looking for, though you do have to be patient for them to be subtitled.  I've been watching several shows now to review for upcoming issues of Xenorama, but those will be spaced out between more standard issues.

    It is a great time to be a fan.  Even my Marine Boy book is getting a third incarnation.

No comments: