Monday, November 29, 2021

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 (2017)

 

I don't think this is the same Yondu from the movie, but that's OK.  This one is from a slightly different future than the standard Marvel Universe.  He didn't threaten to eat Quill or even Vance Astro.  There sure is a lot of this movie I did NOT remember, I'll tell you what.  I didn't remember Yondu having a chat with Starhawk at the beginning of the movie.  That sure was important later.  It was nice sort of seeing the original Guardians of the Galaxy (I'm going to assume Nikki was there somewhere).  Martinex looked great, and I am glad that Michael Rosenbloom was his voice, since he's great.  Apparently he auditioned for Quill.  Kurt Russell as Ego, the Living Planet was so much fun.  And I was thoroughly surprised by Dave Bautista.  

I like this Mantis.  This one does not annoy like the comic book one.  I doubt this one will marry the reanimated Swordsman, but he has made an appearance in the Hawkeye series.  It could happen.  Much the like the previous movie, this one was lauded by fans, but it's not my favorite.  I did like the final post credits scene, with Starkhawk, Alita (Michelle Yeoh) and the 31st Century Sorcerer Supreme.  I would like to actually see a movie with them in it.

I was really surprised to find out Nebula was played by Karen Gillan, AKA Amy Pond from Doctor Who.  She's really good.

No comments: