Monday, August 15, 2022

Spidey vs Doc Ock

 

I have tried to watch the Spider-Man '67 Collection set from start to finish several times.  I get through the first disc, but then life happens and I forget where I left off, then start all over again.  Well, this time I started with disc 2, but mostly because I needed some screen captures for an upcoming issue (spoiler alert- it is about Spider-Man).  I had forgotten how fun this show was, especially with the classic villains.  The voice cast is excellent and the studio wisely eschewed origin stories for the villains.  Heck, Spidey's origin didn't even get done until season two!

Here we see the second appearance of Doc Ock, in which he steals the ultimate weapon, Dr. Smarter's Nullifier.  This episode is not based on a comic book story, like some of the others were, but just used Doc Ock as the villain.  He beats up a lot of people with his mechanical arms.  These 60s cartoons did not skimp  on the action!

It is Spidey's 60 year anniversary, it his career began in August.

No comments: