Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dacya Clementine

I adopted her about 3 and a half years ago.  I was looking for a tortie and had seen a few already, but went to Friends of Cats and after looking for a bit, there she was, lying in the sun in a cat tree. her name was just "Clementine" then, but I knew that would change.

I asked the nice lady about her, and she told me some of her story.  "Clementine was born here, on April 11th..." which pretty much sealed the deal for me then.

pack her up, I'll take her.  she was not thrilled about the cat carrier or the car ride home (she still doesn't care for cars trips) and immediately hid under the bed for a few days.

she was a wee thing back then and had huge ears.  the vet said it would be some time before she grew into those ears, and it was.  but she had loads of energy and would play fetch almost immediately.  she's mellowed a bit, now that is has reached the old age of four.

No comments: