Saturday, November 20, 2010

Batman Beyond

I'll admit it, I'm not a fan of this show.  more because of the crass marketing nature of the sequel than what it really actually is, since I've not seen many episodes.

but that's going to change, as I am renting the series from netflix.  so if I like it more than I did originally, I'll happily report it.

the whole dark and gritty future thing seemed so overdone by the mid-90s, and to have a sequel to an excellent series built on that premise seemed really tired even then.  add to that the fact Kevin Conroy would be still voicing Bruce Wayne just emphasized the uphill battle it had with me.

still, it does have Ace the Bat-Hound, so there's some points to it.  what really got me about the show was when Bruce told Terry "none of the other Robins ever minded (sic)" about something.  that made me think of the new "Batman" as just a Robin in a batsuit (see Robin of Earth 2, for another example!).

so I'm kind of looking forward to it.  heck, I may even try "The Batman" next!

No comments: