watched the first two part episode of this new series, and I can honestly say it's the best cartoon version of the Avengers I've seen.
sadly, that's not a glowing endorsement!
- the voice actors are well cast, and can act.
- the Hulk is my favorite so far, and doesn't refer to himself in the third person.
- Hank Pym is pretty cool, both as Ant-man and Giant Man. very good use of ants in this first episode.
- Thor is cool as well.
- the villains are all pretty good, at least the ones that spoke, and it was nice to see a LOT of them, silly or not.
- the animation is nice as well.
- Thor's hammer is stupidly large
- the Wasp sounds like she's about 12
- Iron Man sounds like he's about 16
- Graviton is far too powerful, with NO LIMITS on his powers. the Hulk and Thor suffer the same problem, being able to lift an island is just too much strength. I feel no connection to heroes and villains who are all powerful like that.
- and lifting a chunk of New York? didn't I see this in two different (sort of) Spider-man cartoons from the 60s?
- sad it wasn't Loki that caused the team to form, but that was OK overall.
- the theme song is awful, even worse than the 90s Spider-man one.
- I don't know who this Nick Fury is (well, yes I do understand why, but lame).