Thursday, December 16, 2010

mana lapho

that's Zulu for "Stand your Ground". 

in 1984 I saw the video for Juluka's hit single "Fever".  it was aired on Channel 12's "Teletunes" video show, which showed some great stuff back then.

anyway, I was quite taken with the sound of the song, as there certainly wasn't anything on the radio in the US that sounded like it at the time.  I found the album "Stand Your Ground" somewhere in CO- probably Rocky Mountain Records and Tapes on the Pearl Street Mall- and it's one of my favorite recordings.

there was scant information about the group or their music, all I knew was that they were from South Africa. I've learned more in the 12 minutes it's taken to write this up than I did in the 25 or so years I've loved the band.



here's the video, enjoy!

No comments: