Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Nude Bomb (1980)

way back then, this movie was talked about a lot. Get Smart had only been off the air about ten years and was still in syndication in many areas of the country.

I never did see the entire movie, not even when it aired on television.  all I remember is the reviews were not kind to the movie. 

I watched it the other day and it's pretty enjoyable, mostly due to Don Adams reprising his role of Maxwell Smart, Agent 86.  he may be clueless and not always know what's going on, but he's not a bumbler and usually knows what he's doing.  the movie does miss Barbara Feldon as the sexy Agent 99, but this is sort of an Earth B equivalent of the series.  it never refers to 99 at all, which was probably the smartest thing the producers and writers could do.

there's a few off color words here and there, and a lot more innuendo, but it is a spy movie. of course, it's pretty tame now, and seems far more like four episodes of a television series.

I still do remember the ending, though!

2 comments:

C. Elam said...

I saw it on TV way back in the days of syndication. They retitled it "The Return of Maxwell Smart" to make it more obvious what it was and (one supposes) to allay fears the title might have generated.

X7 said...

I think that is how I saw it, or at least the tail end back in the day. I didn't want to like it then since there was no 99. but now it's just fun.