Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Mouse and His Child (1977)

hearing people talk about The Nutcracker Suite made me think of this movie, which I haven't seen since oh, early 1978.  I enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn't quite a disney movie.  it's rather existential.

so I googled it, and found out all sorts of things about the movie.  since I was only 12 when I saw it in the theater.  I certainly didn't get all the subtext going on in it.  I still don't, but then I haven't seen it since then.  it's hard to turn a novel full of ideas into a kid's movie.

it's based on the 1967 Russell Hoban novel The Mouse and His Child.  which is, something I've never read. or even knew about it.  I'd like read it and see the differences.

it's available to watch on youtube right here.  I'm kind of looking forward to re-watching it.

No comments: