Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Flesh Eaters (1964)

I can't believe I've never put up this trailer, much less talked about this movie! I never saw it as a kid, and I'm kind of glad I didn't as I think it would have freaked me out. it's incredibly effective at what it does. it's really quite creepy and almost too realistic. this is a shorter trailer, but has Jack Curtis talking at the beginning. gotta love the hype!

usually that's a negative for me, but the script (by Jack Arnold) is well done and the four principles do a great job in their parts. highly recommended. there's a DVD out that's a nice print and transfer, but the canceled one with the commentary is the one to have. it's got the cooler ending, too!

2 comments:

C. Elam said...

Slip of the brain there - you meant Arnold Drake, not Jack Arnold. I first learned about this movie through a piece on Drake in Comics Interview. I'll have to remember to dig it out sometime.

X7 said...

I can't believe I just saw this today, over ten years later. DOH!