Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baron Von Raschke vs Buddy Roberts

heard today that former Fabulous Freebird Buddy Roberts passed away. he was the oldest member of the team, and the one that usually took the falls to save the heat for Michael and Bam Bam. he was the weaselly one that you always wanted to see get beat up the most.

I always thought he was a better heel than face as well. as I searched for the video I wanted to use in tribute to him I watched several and he always seemed like he had to work hard to be a face. but as a heel he had no problems. my introduction to the Freebirds was in the AWA where they were hated thoroughly, they did such a good job. gotta love the Ray Stevens commentary! I love the way this match looks- this is what pro wrestling looks like to me.

No comments: